Lane closures coming to Park, Carmel Roads | Transportation
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) -- The N.C. Department of Transportation will close one lane on Park Road over I-485 in Charlotte from 8 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 16, until 5 a.m. Monday, Dec. 17, weather permitting. Crews will also close one lane on Carmel Road over I-485 from 8 p.m. Monday until 5 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 18.
During the closures, contractor SM & E Inc. will be collecting soil samples in preparation for the 9.2 mile I-485 widening project, which will convert the interstate from four to six lanes from I-77 to Rea Road. The $83.3 million contract was awarded to Lane Construction in October.
NCDOT reminds motorists to watch signs for construction information, stay alert and obey the posted speed limit.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near South Charlotte
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map
- MEDIC: Two injured in southeast Charlotte wreck
- Firefighters investigating house fire in Elizabeth neighborhood
- French government to honor 15 NC veterans in Charlotte today
- Charlotte woman turning to Internet for clues in home break-in
- Police looking for two men wanted in connection to South End car break-ins