Donations for victims in West, TX | News
The entire town of West, Texas and surrounding community were rocked this past Wednesday night, when a fertilizer plant exploded that left 14 people dead, and 200 others injured.
11 of the dead were first responders, who were serving in the line of duty at the time of the explosion.
Tim Smith is the Department Chief of the Climax Volunteer Fire Department in Climax, Virginia. He is also the star of the hit show "Moonshiners" that appears on the Discovery Channel.
Chief Smith has decided to make the trip from Virginia to West, Texas this week, and will be stopping by various volunteer fire department to to collect donations for the victims of West, Texas.
Chief Smith will be at the West Mecklenburg Fire Department located at 3100 Sam Wilson Road in Charlotte, NC Monday night (4/22/13) at 6:00pm for a 45 minute donation stop.
A wide rang of donations are being accepted and range from clothing, toiletries, fire gear, rescue gear, and monetary donations. If anyone wants to make monetary donations, please make the checks out to: "NFFF c/o West, Texas Fire and EMS Fallen Hero Fund"
For more information contact Scott Hunter, Department Chief West Mecklenburg Volunteer Fire Department at: 704-280- 3507.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near South Charlotte
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map
- MEDIC: Two injured in southeast Charlotte wreck
- Firefighters investigating house fire in Elizabeth neighborhood
- French government to honor 15 NC veterans in Charlotte today
- Charlotte woman turning to Internet for clues in home break-in
- Police looking for two men wanted in connection to South End car break-ins