Police find bank robber onboard light rail train | News
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said they arrested a bank robber after tracking the suspect down on a light rail train.
The robbery happened at 4:40 p.m. at the Wells Fargo branch located on the 2900 block of South Boulevard.
Following the suspect's description, officers boarded a nearby light rail train where they found a person who matched the description.
Police searched the person and found a gun and cash that is believed to belong to the bank.
The suspect was taken to police headquarters for questioning. Police have not released their name.
Upcoming Events near South Charlotte
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Public charter school celebrates expansion
- Matthews dentist to offer free dental care on Saturday
- Missing Matthews teen found safe, police say
- Charlotte home event, reflective of housing turnaround, sees record ticket sales
- Sportsplex ready for amateur tournaments and could put Matthews on the sports map
- MEDIC: Two injured in southeast Charlotte wreck
- Firefighters investigating house fire in Elizabeth neighborhood
- French government to honor 15 NC veterans in Charlotte today
- Charlotte woman turning to Internet for clues in home break-in
- Police looking for two men wanted in connection to South End car break-ins